Monday, July 02, 2007

First Rock Climbing Session

First Rock Climbing Session

After yesterday tiring concert, I managed to wake up early in the morning @0730 for my first rock climbing session. I was freaking tired as I had attended two combat and one pump classes yesterday before I attended the concert. So even before the concert started, I was freaking tired alr.

So met up with the rest at Ah Kun for breakfast and we moved off to Safra Yishun! Some of us were excited about the whole thing cos it is our 1st time doing such things. Haa... Hmm... Dunno if I got a fear of height though. Haa....

So the course started off at 10am instead of 9.30am as stated. The whole morning is the theory part where they taught us about the equipments that are required for rock climbing and the techniques of belaying, which is the main purpose of the whole course. Haa... Climbing not so much in level 1. Got to say that the shoes used for climbing are special type of shoes and had to wear sizes that are 1 or 2 size smaller than what normally I am wearing, reason being they wanna the toes to be cramp togehter to ahve a better grip. Ouch!

Belaying is basically the person assisting the person climbing and the brake for the climber is he falls. Hmm.... So since I am not in the light weighted category, I wonder how many ppl need to belay me huh? Haa....

We started the real climbing in the afternoon. Heaven being good to us as the whole day had been cloudy and not much sun! So it is a good day to climb some walls. Haa... So I started to belay people on the walls. Seems easy but very stressed as that person's life is in my hands. Haa....

Other ppl seems to climb quite well, all the way to the top of the 25m wall. When it come to me, 1st time, I only managed like half of the wall before I decided that well that is good enough for the 1st try. Actually I was scare that the person(s) belaying me might not be able to take my weight for long. Haa... It is so scary when your life is dependent on other ppl hands. Haa.... The coming down part was scary. Hee...

So the 2nd time I climb was ok nearly reach the top but was stuck 3/4 way up as I could not find another tile to hold on, another point was I was tired. Looking down was scary as well. The rest of my frens like spiderman managed to reach the top though, with me belaying them. Haa....

Overall, it is fun. I still got 2 free climbs to be claim within this month. So who wanna to jio me go climbing? Provided you can belay a heavy weight polarbear ok? Hee....

Got pics but dun wanna to show you all the ugly ones. Haa...

A "rock climbing" Polarbear

No comments: