Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Slack Weekend!

This weekend super slack, but then I am still very tired!

First I got a workshop in school. Since it happened to end early, so I rushed down to my gym for combat. After which, bitten by a lazy bug and decided not to attend the afternoon session. So decided to watch movie. Kite Runner is the choice!


The movie is based on Khaled Hosseini's best-selling novel about Amir, a well-to-do Pashtun boy from Afghanistan, who is still haunted by the guilt of betraying his childhood friend Hassan, son of a family servant. Having lived in California for a number of years, Amir returns home to Afghanistan to help Hassan, when his son gets into trouble.

It is a very touching story, some reviews did say the book is better so I am thinking about reading the book. I was touched by the movie especially the two kids acting. I like the way they shot the kite fighting scenes as well. Overall, I give this movie 4 star out of 5.

After which, we went for a buffet dinner as they were having a one-for-one promotion. However the catch is one table is only allowed one free customer, so it turn out most of the customers come in pairs. It does look like a speed dating event. Wahahaha..... For the price that I am paying cannot complain, the food is quite decent as well, variety is a lot. Hee.... To imagine that this place is packed every weekend and I need to make reservation 2 weeks in advance. Look out for my review in Yebber.

After a very full dinner, we went for a walk before we went for "FiRST / 80th Academy Awards Oscar Movie Marathon". Wahaha.... 3 movies back to back! Starting from 11pm to 6am.









The first movie: "Elizabeth: The Golden Age". For this movie, Cate Blanchett was nominated for Best Actress. Well since it is her second time acting Queen Elizabeth, she was very comfortable in that role. She had very strong presence in that movie and was really very good. The costumes and the sets were very well designed as well. The movie was boring and the always showing the Queen in an angry mood. Overall, I give this movie 3 stars of out 5.

The second movie is: "Atonement". This is the second time I am watching it and it is still to me one of the best movies as well. Nominated for "Best Picture" and many more. Can look at my previous review for this movie.

The third and final movie: "Charlie Wilson’s War". This movie was nominated for Best Supporting Actor for Phillip Seymour Hoffman. "Charlie Wilson's War" is the true story of how a playboy congressman, a renegade CIA agent and a beautiful Houston socialite joined forces to lead the largest and most successful covert operation in history. Their efforts contributed to the fall of the Soviet Union and the end of the Cold War, with consequences that reverberate throughout the world today. I tried my best to stay awake for this movie, but still missed out some certain parts. This is sort of a political comedy movie. With a strong cast, they managed to put on a very show for this movie. Overall, I give this movie 3.5 stars out of 5.

Thks god there was free flow of pop corn and drink throughout the screening. Wahahaha... By the end of it I was freaking tired. I think I broke my record of watching 4 movies in a day! Wahahaha... Totally crazy!

After a crazy Saturday, Sunday was spent sleeping the whole day and meeting friends for dinner only.

Me so tired now... Think I need more sleep now.

A "eyes popping out" Polarbear

No comments: