Sunday, February 10, 2008

3rd and 4th day of CNY! House Visits!

The 2 days prove to be more fun!

Since for the past 2 days had been doing nothing and eating, so Sat is back to the gym day! Wahahaha.... Time to burn off all the fats that I had accumulated. After a few days of not exercising, it does makes everything more tiring.

After which, we headed to Pearlina's house for a New Year visit cum dinner. Wahaha... It was a lot of fun and had a good teriyaki dinner as well, all prepared by Jason. Wow! I am impressed! Hee... We played from PS3 games to blackjack, and the only thing that I can say is ... ... I really need more luck! Where are you my lucky stars? Sob! Sob!.... Time is up and we got move along as we had a movie to catch! Another of the CNY movie by Jack Neo, "Ah Long Pte Ltd"! "Ah la la long, Ah la la long... ..."


This movie is 11th movie for Jack Neo. This movie is about a black triad or gang big boss handed over his command to his 2nd-in-commander. When she tried to change the way how Ah Long (money lenders) work, he tried to take back his position again. Of cos there is a side story of how the lady big boss tries to get herself a husband.

Erhh.... Casting Mark Lee as the sissy Jojo Fang is the prefect choice and he provided 90% of the humor in this movie, but then Fann Wong as the gangster... Hmm.... I dunno, I will sit on the fence for this. There are some funny moments and jokes but most of it fall pretty flat. I think the movie is trying to squeeze in too many things making the plot a bit thin and sometimes not focus. Not saying the Jack Neo lost his touch but something is missing this time round and I really cannot connect with the movie this time unlike this other movies like Homerun or I not Stupid. I also think the movie is too long already, till it gets too draggy in the middle of the show. Overall, I give this movie 2.5 star out of 5. Local movie must support ok!

Sunday is the long awaited Yebbers outing. Hee... This time held at Claudia's house and got to meet a few new poeple like LIC aka Brad and met up with the usual suspects as well. After some pizzas (Thks Claudia), we started out little game of Blackjack (Yes! My 3rd time), and have to say... sigh.... I win some but I lost more! So I decided I am not going to take part in any more games from then onwards. Wahahaha... Donated some money to FZ's dinner. Haha...

After that, rushed to Marina Sq to meet up with LLT's friends for K Box buffet. Well, I was prepared to eat and not to sing, the food was lousy, the system got limited songs, the company was good less one odd couple. Haha... Dun say too much in case they are reading my blog as well.

The weekend was rushed and tiring and got to start work 2molo also. There goes my 5 days of holidays!

A "so not looking forward to Monday" Polarbear

5 comments:

The Bimbo said...

Whoa that day i come late damn sad sia... next time must gamble more..... *craving*

PolarBear said...

Haa... Sure... We must win all the $$ from that guy!

Anonymous said...

Next one will be at PB's house? THanks PB! Hahaha!

Can't wait for our dinner on Thur!

PolarBear said...

Claudia: Sure Sure. If you all are not afraid of OScar my dear little dog. You all are welcome to my house. Wahahaha....

Anonymous said...

hahahah! still got next one ar? when? when? Lol!