Sunday, January 07, 2007

Self confession of a Combat and Movie Freak!

Self confession of a Combat and Movie Freak!

Ever since Polarbear signed up the gym membership, Polarbear got a new hobby which is going to gym. Haa... I totally like Body Combat where it is a good what to train up my stamina and relief my stress at the same time. Haa.... Other than Combat, also attended Pump, Attack, Step Hi Lo (which is a killer) and Street Jazz (relaxing and learn to groove at the same time). It is getting fun and I need to build up some basic program for me to build up some muscles then. Hmm... However, I still need some time to train before I can attend 2 classes back to back. Haa... Nearly died with Pump and Attack back to back on Friday. Someone mentioned that she will buy me a book on that and a singlet. Haa... So when I am getting it?

If you had not notice in my blog, I am a movie freak as well. I will try to at least catch a movie a week. Haa... So for the weekend I caught two movies with frens.


The first movie is "Confession of Pain", a Hong Kong made movie. The main cast are Tony Leung Chiu-wai, Takeshi Kaneshiro, Shu Qi, Chapman To. Wow got Tony Leung, to me, he is the best actor of all times, even better than most of the Hollywood actors. He got the most mesmerising eyes which can tells a lot of stories. The story is about how a guy planned his revenge and how a private detective actually found out about the truth. The story line is somehow similar to Internal Affairs, well same directors ad scriptwriters. Haa... I find that the story telling for this movie is better. I will give this movie 3.5 stars out of 5. Go and watch it!


The next movie is "Stranger than Friction" starred by Will Ferrell, Emma Thompson, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Dustin Hoffman, Queen Latifah, Linda Hunt.

Interesting story plot. It is about a guy, Harold Cricks, kept hearing a voice that was narrating his life story and he was irritated by it. However he was shocked to hear from the voice that "Little did he know, he is going to have an imminent death." He panicked from that moment onwards and try to find out who is the one that did the narration. Others think that he is going crazy.

Meantime, The Narrator, Kay Eiffel (Emma Thompson), a nearly forgotten author of tragic novels, is struggling to complete her latest and best book, unaware that her protagonist is alive and uncontrollably guided by her words. Fiction and reality collide when the bewildered and hilariously resistant.

Desperate to escape his fate, Harold seeks help from eccentric English professor Dr. Jules Hilbert (Dustin Hoffman) and finds unexpected comfort in a burgeoning romance with defiant audit subject, Anne Pascal (Maggie Gyllenhaal). Unluckily for Harold, Kay's impatient publishers have unleashed a stern assistant named Penny Escher (Queen Latifah) to help the author finish her book and finish off Harold Crick. So was he killed off? Go and watch the show. Haa.... I give the movie 3.5 stars out of 5. Could be 4 stars but a bit draggy in some parts. Haa...

Wonder if there is anyone writing my life story now? If there is one, can you pls make sure my life is meaningful ok! I also wanna it packed and to be interesting. Of cos if you want to introduce a female lead in my life now, PLS DO SO! Haa... However I believe I am the writer of my own life, so wake up my bloody idea now and start writing my own story!

During the weekend, finally met up with HW again! It is always great to meet up with him even though I could have killed him when we met up. Haa... Out of my frens, as if I got a lot,I would only ask and listen to advice from a few frens mainly HW, Dan and SK. Haa... Even though sometimes they might not agree with my thinking but I do need ppl to tell me things from the other side of the fence as well to help me out in the logic thinking. Haa...

Got a problem recently, dunno how to deal with it and to me I dun wish to deal with it as I am tired from it alr. Haa... Hope that I can solve the problem soon and move on from it. Sigh. Headache leh.

Well school is going to start soon. I got to get myself ready for it and hope to get good results again. Haa... Jia You!

A very energetic Polarbear

No comments: