Thursday, January 18, 2007

My 100th post!

My 100th post!

Wow time really flies fast! I have been blogging for 5 months already. This blog is great for me to note down my thoughts on certain issues in my life, to express my feelings on my personal issues. It is also the place where people can read up on the latest on going in my life. Hee... As if! Haa...

Together with this post, I am really relieved and happy today to sort something out! Cannot announce it out yet but hope that I can post it here soon! Haa... I had finally ready to move on in my life!

Instead of going to gym today (Haa.... Yes laziness creep in today), went to watch a movie instead. So what movie this time round? Blood Diamond!


Starring Chris Astoyan, Stephen Collins, Jennifer Connelly, Leonardo DiCaprio and Dijimon Hounsou. The movie was set against the backdrop of the chaos and civil war that enveloped 1990s Sierra Leone, Blood Diamond is the story of Danny Archer (Leonardo DiCaprio), a South African mercenary, and Solomon Vandy (Djimon Hounsou), a Mende fisherman. Both men are African, but their histories and their circumstances are as different as any can be—until their fates become joined in a common quest to recover a rare pink diamond that can transform their lives.While in prison for smuggling, Archer learns that Solomon—who was taken from his family and forced to work in the diamond fields—has found and hidden the extraordinary rough stone. With the help of Maddy Bowen (Jennifer Connelly), an American journalist whose idealism is tempered by a deepening connection with Archer, the two men embark on a trek through rebel territory. More than a search for a valuable diamond, the journey could save Solomon's family and give Archer the second chance he thought he would never have.

When I first saw the trailer, I thought that this movie is another action movie, looking for a hidden diamond. But it turn out to be wrong. The movie shows the situation in Africa now and how the innocent citizens are squeezes in between the rebels and the so called goverment. The way that the people are being abused to collect diamonds and how the poor kids are being recurited as part of rebels and being brainwashed.

I can feel for the Solomon when his son refused to acknowledge him! Really sad. Can see and feel the pain and see how such little internal conflicts can caused so much trouble. What worse is the diamonds are being sold for purchase of more machines guns and ammo and it is being "supported" by the jewel companies. Sigh. The jewel companies bought most of the diamonds and keep it inside a huge vault so that they can keep the price of the diamonds high. Hmm.... Wonder if this is true? So ladies , remember when you are buying diamonds you are actually supporting the war on going right now!

In Africa, other than those kids who do not have anything to eat, I also pity those young rebels that are being forced into doing things like holding a gun, killing ppl etc. Sigh. Sad to see that such things still do happen in some parts of the world.

Overall, I give this movie 4 stars out of 5 and I think that Leonardo DiCaprio is much more better in this film than he was in "The Departed". Haa...

I am so tired now but I got so many shows, both movies and TV shows, to watch! American Idol Season 6 starting already. Thks to SMART TV! I can record an show that I wanna to watch. Haa... Great!

Going to Zzz... ... land now!

A very Happy Polarbear!

No comments: