Thursday, March 15, 2007

When is the last time you did something for the first time?

When is the last time you did something for the first time?

The tag line above is from an airline ad that I found it very interesting. Hee... It got me thinking about when is the last time I did something for the first time? Hmm....

There is a lot of interesting memories that I had, including how I first get to swim (FYI: I hated swimming lessons in the past), how I went alone to a brand new secondary school with me the only one from my primary school, my first open water dive in scuba diving, my NS life, etc. Haa...

Out of all these, I think the most interesting first time for me will be my first time backpacking alone in a foreign country, Paris, where I dun even speak French. The 5 days that I was alone down there, cold and lonely, but it is one of the best time of my life. Haa....

At first, before the trip I am having my doubts if I can be there alone for 5 days and I initially dun even wanna to extend my stay down there. However after a lot of ppl told me that since I am there, might as well pay a visit. Hee... So I decided to stay there for 5 days. I planned my own itinerary and where to sleep, what to eat etc. No one to disagree with me or whatever. Haa.... So I was lonely but happy. Haa.... Since then, I got hooked onto travelling.

Other than that, I had not done anything new recently though. Sigh. Seems like I am leading "no life" lifestyle as someone will say so. Doing my routine things every week, nothing extraordinary.

So when is the next time I am going to do something for the first time huh? Looking forward towards it, whatever it is!

A day-dreaming Polarbear

No comments: