Sunday, March 18, 2007

Wakeboard, Movie, Disney on Ice: Finding Nemo, Assignment... in that order

Wakeboard, Movie, Disney on Ice: Finding Nemo, Assignment... in that order

Thta is how I spent my last weekend. Haa.... Another crazy weekend.

Woke up early on Sat morning so that I can go wakeboarding @ Marina Country Club. Yes, no gym for this weekend! Haa.... For once I was on time and everyone else was late. Before I know it, we are on a speed boat and on our way to Seletar Island for some wakeboarding. Well I had only tried wakeboarding donkey years ago, and still did not manage to stand up. Lousy right? Haa....

This time round the sun is out full force and had a good group of frens to do this with. Haa.... It was fun and seeing ppl around our boat can do all kinds of stunt. So in our group, the gals done pretty well all of them able to stand up and do a bit of wakeboarding. However for the guys, we never managed to stand up on the water even after a lot of tries. Haa.... I did managed to get close to stand up once.

We spent close to 4 hours on the boat, chilling out, chatting and took tons of photos when we are not wakeboarding. Haa... It had been a long time since I baked myself in the sun. So it was great jz lazing on the boat and dozing off in the sea breeze. Hee..... We also decided that we shall do this once a month. Haa.... Jz getting together and exercise at the same time. Haa.....

After all the wakeboarding and slacking, we all were burnt. Haa.... Either red or black skin on all of us. We treated ourselves to some very good seafood. Haa... Busy eating that I forgot to take some pics of the food we had like Crab Bee Hoon, Big Nong Hiang Roll etc. Haa... Jz good after the small amount exercise that we did jz now.

Rushed back home for a quick change then we are out again, what up next? Movies! GV had a special dinner event for Music & Lyric. So for $20 each, we get to have a set dinner in a box which includes of a huge sausage, mash potatoes, sunny side egg and a bottle of root beer. It was good even though we were there on time and there was no seats for everyone. We had a good time talking, eating and standing at the same time. Got to say that eating in public is feeling a bit weird. Haa... At the same time, there is a live band which sings some romantic love songs from the 80s, which the the theme for the night. Opps.. we did not dressed to the theme at all. Haa....


Back to the movie which started at 9pm. It was a romantic love story which stars Hugh Grant, Drew Barrymore. I think Drew Barrymore is the new Meg Ryan who is great in all romantic comedies. Haa.... So the story goes like this:

Alex Fletcher (Hugh Grant) is a washed-up '80s pop star who's been reduced to working the nostalgia circuit at county fairs and amusement parks. The charismatic and talented musician gets a chance at a comeback when reigning pop diva Cora Corman invites him to write and record a duet with her, but there's a problem – Alex hasn't written a song in years, he's never written lyrics...and he has to come up with a hit in a matter of days. Enter Sophie Fisher(Drew Barrymore), Alex's beguilingly quirky plant lady, whose flair for words strikes a chord with the struggling songwriter. On the rebound from a bad relationship with the newly famous novelist Sloan Cates (Campbell Scott), Sophie is reluctant to collaborate with anyone, especially commitment-phobe Alex. As their chemistry heats up at the piano and under it, Alex and Sophie will have to face their fears-and the music- if they want to find the love and success they both deserve.

So the movie is like a semi musical where there are songs here and there. it is the same song as they are composing it. Haa.... The chemistry between Hugh and Drew is at its best. I like all the 80s references to the movie as well. Haa... Overall I will give the movie 3.5 stars out of 5. Entertaining movie.

Before I know it , Saturday was gone and I had a great day less something, I was supposed to do my assignment, which is due next Tuesday. Arhhhhhhhhhh..................

Sunday, tried to do some questions before I know it is time to go for Disney On Ice: Finding Nemo. I always like the show Finding Nemo. To me, it is one of the best movie from Disney and Pixar. So they put the whole movie real life and on ice, it means all the characters are skating on ice. Haa... how cool is that? The whole show was great! Plus a lot of kids there as well. Haa...Haa... It was also a great day to spend the day with my sister. Had been a long time since we watch something together. Haa...

After that, rushed back home and decided to start on my assignment which is going to be due on 2 days later. Going to hug my Buddha leg now and wish me luck. It is a tough assignment and hope that I can pass! Haa... Assignment supposed to be the most important for this weekend. Hmm.... but it did not seems so then. Haa....

A "rushing like hell" Polarbear

No comments: