Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Goodbye 2007! Welcome 2008!

Goodbye 2007! Welcome 2008!

Today being the first day of 2008, everything is a new start, start from a clean sheet of paper! Happy New Year to all!

Last min decision to countdown at a music cafe with a few frens. Still managed get a few ppl out. This time round, it was quite fun where got people performed for us, got lucky draw and got games and party packs well. Haa... So we were entertained until midnite! Unlike last year where I got to start to think of stupid games to pass time. Think all of us have fun there, especially a few people going crazy! Hee.....

So at the stroke of midnite, we all rushed out to see a portion of the fireworks at Marina Bay. As usual the fireworks are good. Luckily I did not go and squeeze with the crowd this year. Opps I spoke too soon as we had to squeeze with the crowd to the train! Haa... Still managed to save on the cab fare that way. Haa...

On New Year Day, intend to go for 2 hr combat but then when I woke up they already started their 1st track alr. Haa..... Wanna to go swimming but then no sun. In the end, decided to be lazy for the day. So went to catch a movie and do some shopping instead.

The movie, I am Legend. Heard from a lot of people that the last 15 mins is not good. Well.....


The movie is about a virus that spread out and cleared the whole of New York and only 1% of the world population is immune to it. So Dr Robert Neville tasked himself to find cure. Since the "vampires" only come out in the night, he and Sam, his dog will roam ard int he day, setting traps to catch the vampires, getting food and hoping for someone to turn up. So for 1st half of the movie only can see Will Smith. Despite only him alone, he is able to capture my attention. Now the ending, to me the ending is ok, sort of expected, maybe cos I prepared myself for it. Haa....
Overall, I give this movie 3 stars out of 5. Well the CGI does look a bit fake especially the vampires. Hee....

After which we tried to do some shopping but then did not buy anything at all.

Went home, I decided to complete watching my Heroes Season 1. I managed to finish the last 5 eps. I am done watching at ard 3am in the morning. Haa.... The series is really good but then I find the ending a bit disappointed where they all finally met up but they did not combine their powers to defeat Sylar. Sigh.....

Next up Heroes Season 2. I m so going to miss my sleep.

A "Welcome 2008" Polarbear

No comments: