Monday, January 28, 2008

Watching American Gangster....... Alone

Watching American Gangster....... Alone

Since I got so many movies to watch and so little time, I decided to watch American Gangster @ a cinema near my house on my way home after gym. Yes Alone! Haa....



This movie is about a bad guy, Frank, who took over his boss when he suddenly died. He kept a low profile and used a very clever but risky method to import drugs. The good guy, Richie is a guy that found a million dollars and would return, instead of taking it. he was pretty much hated by his colleagues for this. He was put in charge of a mission to find out the big boss of a drug called Blue Magic. The cat and dog chase start from there.

The movie is a very strong slow moving movie with Denzel Washington, Russell Crowe as the main leads. Denzel Washington had put on such a strong show in this movie that I was quite surprised that he was not nominated for best actor awards. Hmm.... Overall I give this movie 3.5 star out of 5. The show is really freaking long. I went in at 9.15 and by the time I came out it was already 11.45pm alr. Haha....

It had been a long time since I last watch a movie alone and have to say that the feeling does feel a little weird but then it does feels good at the same time. Hahaha.... The last time I watch movie alone was a Harry Potter movie @ the same cinema as well.

A "sometimes good to be alone" Polarbear

No comments: