Sunday, February 25, 2007

National Vertical Marathon 2007

National Vertical Marathon 2007

This morning is the morning for National Vertical Marathon again, except this time round with different people and lots and lots of fun! Haa.... Our team name is called the "Hitch Hikers" Haa....

Last yr was at Suntec Tower 4, 43 storeys, this year at Republic Plaza, 60 storeys. Hmmm... a difference of 17 storeys.


After registration, I got the lucky number tag of 2121. We still have to wait for an hour before we can start climbing. This year we are taking it easy less someone. Haa... Reason being all of us are old already. So we go slow and easy. Haa....

So we started at 11.50am. Countdown of 5, 4, 3, 2, 1! Off we go! So I slowly take my time to go stair by stair. Come on! U can say I am lazy but my main aim is to complete all 60 storeys. Hee...

Reached 10 storeys, still ok, legs not aching and still breathing fine.

Reached 20 storeys, I need a drink, getting a bit sweaty and breathless.

Reached 30 storeys, I need a drink and a breather. Hey I am the last one.

Reached 40 storeys, another short water break. Haa... Getting slacker! Got people waiting for me. Better buck up.

Reached 43 storeys, not the ending point yet, it is last year end point. Come on! Endure! Can someone tell me why am I doing this?

Reached 50 storeys, 10 more to go come on! Dun give up! Haa.... Thinking of what I am going to eat for lunch. Haa....

Reached 60 storeys, finally reached the end point! Took a number tag and grabbed a drink. Too bad no view to see! Hey I have completed all 60 storeys already. In fact all 5 of us did. SP, Cannie, LLT and ZS. Thks for the encouragement and it was really fun. We still can talk and climb at the same time. Hee...

Next to collect the goodie bag, cool down a bit and next headed to Suntec for lunch. Haa... Since burnt so much fats already, time to put some back and went to Sizzler for a long lunch. Had a great time chatting and seems like we sure got a lot of programs coming on in the next coming months huh. Haa....

Something to ponder, when one have new friends, do you throw ur old friends aside? Hmm... Well I know someone who did just that. Sigh. For these kind of friends, forget about it!

I am going to pamper my legs now for doing such hard work today. Haa...

A "Crazy" Polarbear

No comments: