Friday, February 16, 2007

The Last King of Scotland

The Last King of Scotland


Yesterday, caught the one of the shows that I had been wanting to watch, "The Last King of Scotland"'. I had heard and read so much of the movie that I had to watch it personally. The male lead, Forest Whitaker, was fantastic as Amin. Now I am convinced that he should get the Oscar for Best Actor. Haa....

The story is about in an incredible twist of fate, a Scottish doctor, Nicholas (James McAvoy) on a Ugandan medical mission becomes irreversibly entangled with one of the world's most barbaric figures: Idi Amin (Forest Whitaker). Impressed by Garrigan's brazen attitude in a moment of crisis, the newly self-appointed Ugandan President Amin hand picks him as his personal physician and closest confidante.

Though Garrigan is at first flattered and fascinated by his new position, he soon awakens to Amin's savagery - and his own complicity in it. Horror and betrayal ensue as Garrigan tries to right his wrongs and escape Uganda alive.

In fact both actors came out with strong acting. I like the Scottish accent. Haa.... The movie does not really show how violent is Amin but it does show his insecurity and unable to trust anyone beside himself. The point of view of the movie come from Nicholas and how he viewed Amin.

To me, Amin is not a bad person, but a bad leader! He had great vision but unable to carry them out. He had no views on his own and will blame other ppl for the mistakes that he had decided on. Hmm..... Bad.

Overall I will give the movie 4 stars out of 5 for the great acting from the actors! Go and catch it soon before they take it off from the cinemas, which I think is soon!

Before the show, went for a combat class. Hmm... think I am going to fall sick again. Sigh.... Felt so tired after the class and my nose started to be a running tap as well. Maybe shall delay the gym sessions after CNY then. Haa.... Meantime got to resist all the feasting during CNY then.

Got a little surprise before watching the show. Haa.... Thks for the surprise! Really loved it!

Oscar got a new haircut before CNY. Looking so handsome now! Should post some of his pics here alr. Time really flies fast, he is coming to 9 mths old alr. Haa... Going to celebrate his one yr old birthday soon!

CNY is coming really soon! Dunno y I dun seem to have any mood for CNY at all. Haa... Maybe wait till I see the red packets then maybe I can feel it then. Haa...

A "show me the food!" Polarbear

No comments: