Monday, November 27, 2006

A well-spent weekend, in terms of time and $$.

A well-spent weekend, in terms of time and $$.

All the midst of preparing my presentation, I did not give up my social life! Haa.... Started from Friday, meet up with LLT and her frens (a loving couple) for a Horror movie, 9.56 @ Cathay Cine. Maybe I sort of knew too much from the couple galfren's blog, I dare not talk to them much, scare that I might say something silly. Then in turn, they told LLT that how come I got a black face throughout the movie and the dinner. Hmm..... I think people who know me would be laughing now. Me black face? How can? Well maybe I did not know them well, No common topic, LLT fault, Haa....Haa.... Well I hope that I got another chance to redeem my reputation lo. Hee....Hee......

Back the movie, the plot is simple. A lonely, career-driven lady was involved in a suicide at the train station and after that she began to notice that the opp block that she had been staying had, had been having a series of suicides. She kapo and then notice that at 9.56pm, all the lights in the building would be out and a suicide will happen again. Hmm...... She went to the police and started own investigation. The movie end with a twist. The ending also comes with a lot of questions as the plot did not fully answer all questions. There are some good horrors scenes but the movie was let down by the questions in the end. I will give the movie is a 2.5 out of 5 stars.

Saturday morning came and go (refer to the previous post), then I rushed home and rushed down to ECP to meet LLT and frens for a session of roller blading. The sun was out full force. I like it! The two main reasons that I went blading were, first LLT will not block me on msn, she will do that if I dun go. Haa.... Secondly, I wanna to see White Prince Charming (WPC), a code name given by me, he is a guy that was introduced to LLT jz a few days ago. Hee..... Well I was late and they alr started blading alr So I did some blading alone in the sun, which was fantastic, before I caught up with them. It was a great bunch of ppl, a lot of chit chat going ard and photo taking as well. Haa..... WPC is really white! Haa.... He skin is so fair and smooth. Haa... After which, LLT told me that he is a metrosexual guy who got use skin care products. Ohh..... His dressing sense also well co-ordinated. Hee.... Overall nice first impression lah expect that he is a bit of fake ang mo lah. Haa....

After blading, jz a short but enjoyable one, LLT and I moved to suntec for the sports exhibition cos CF and PF are having booths there and we wanna to check out if there is any promo there as well. Haa.. Yes both of us are cheapo. Haa.....Went to PF got a nice lady to promote to us abt what they are offering now. The package was good, the price is reasonable and the lady was not pushy to force us to sign up or anything and that was great! Next we walked ard, saw a few exhibits, then moved on to CF. Hmm... here they are offering a mthly package, expensive compared to PF and yes for once they are not pushy to force you to sign up with them. However the original price and the price that was quoted by the sales were way too far, a difference of $50 odd. Hmm.... So went to a quiet place and discussed abt it and in the end we decided that we will sign up with PF even though we had not stepped into any of the PF gyms yet. Haa.... From the photos it looked good enough alr. So off we went, find that sales gal and signed up for 3 years. Haa..... After talking for a few mths, finally both of us had signed up for a gym membership. Got some freebies and managed to squeeze out a few more from her. Haa... We walked pass a booth that are selling very cheap dexter bags. Haa... So LLT and I bought a bag each. Wow we are on a spending spree here!

Next we decided (or I think I was the one that decided) that we will catch a movie again. Haa... Yes another one! This time Happy Feet! My long awaited movie! Bought the tickets from a very “idiot” guy that sit in front of the computer and everything also dunno. Hmm..... but who cares! This time we watched at GV Marina. Got the tickets and headed for dinner at Saki Sushi. Long time now eat alr. We did not eat a lot also but had a fun time chatting and teasing abt WPC. Haa.....


Happy Feet is a movie abt the Emperor penguins. How a couple meet using their unique way of singing to each other to get each other attention then they mate and lay an egg. So the dad mishandled the egg when taking card of it. When it is time the baby was supposed to come out, it was delayed and started tap dancing instead, however Mumble, the baby penguin, was a bad singer and could not get the heart song. He was treated like an outcast and the elders were using him to say that he is the reason why there is no fishes in the sea when the real reason is due to fishing by humans or in their terms “aliens”. Mumble went on a journey to find out the answer why there is no fishes in the sea. The movie have a lot of hidden msg inside like environment, family, frens, etc. The animation was well done and the songs in the movies were GREAT! I will grade the movie 4.5 stars out of 5. I got high expectation of the movie since I saw the trailer and it did live up to my expectations. Should I get the soundtrack? It is so retro! Haa......

After all the activities, we were in time to catch the train back home and I was tired from all the activities .

Sunday morning, I finally met up with Benjamin after a long time, and we went for a swim. Hmm..... Although we did not swim much but I had a great time talking to him and knowing more abt him. Well ben, we will try to go and swimming once a mth ok and I will coach you to swim until you are confident enough to start swimming in the middle of the pool ok? Next time will go to a pool where there is less people as well.

After that I went get my new pair of specs! Haa.... Looks great! I jz loved it! Sunday afternoon was spent with my mum and sis. Brought them to Vivocity and shopped as I dun think my mum knew the existence of this place yet. Haa..... Well the place jz simply one word to describe: CROWDED! I think orchard and suntec lost lot of people as they all headed to Vivocity. Hmm... So went shopping then walked past starhub and asked abt their promotion then decided to sign up a new line and get the promotion. Haa.... However from getting a queue number to getting ur number being called is a long 3 plus hrs wait! Luckily they have a sms system that informed the user that the queue number is reaching, pls head back to the shop now. Haa.... My sis is very excited as spending $300 and above can exchange for 2 tickets for a Sun Yanzi showcase this coming Friday at Vivocity. In between waiting, more shopping, sis bought a few clothes, went to see the location of the gym, and had dinner at the foodcourt. LLT, think we can also hit the gym at Vivocity as well, got sea view leh. Haa....Haa....

Finally got the sms to ask me to “report” back to the shop and waited for a while before my number is being called and my sis is all excited. Up to the point, I still had not decided what phone to get but then I decided to get sony ericsson K800i (even though they ran out of the sliver color one) than Nokia N73, jz wanna to try something different. After 30 mins of waiting cos the sales guy need to fill up tons and tons of forms and I need to also sign tons and tons of forms as well. Finally got the receipt that my sis had been waiting for and she rushed to get her tickets and she got a pair of tics. She freaking happy. Then she decided to buy a pair of Levis jeans went in tried a few pairs and settled for a pair then found out that they got a 50% for a pair of Levis Engineering Jeans when a bottom is being purchased. However, they dun have her size, so I got a pair and my mum say that it will be my birthday present. Hee.... My first pair of LEVIS Jeans and my first birthday present. Haa.... Well actually i rather they pay for the phone. Haa...... Guess what after Levis, we got enough for another pair of the mini concert tickets. She went crazy! After which we remember OSCAR was all alone at home today so we rushed back home to feed him dinner. So poor thing! Boy was he excited to see us but as usual he did his dog show and made a mess in the kitchen. Haa.....

After a very tired long weekend, I was tired but still had to settle down keep all my things and played with my new phone. Really spend a lot this weekend but I had a lot of fun as I managed to spend time with frens, family and dog! Haa..... Hope this will happen more often.

A very “poor” but happy Polarbear

No comments: