Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Phantom Of The Opera.... Finally!

The Phantom Of The Opera.... Finally!


After 6 months of waiting, finally got to watch The Phantom Of The Opera today! So excited and happy about it as well. Yes! I admitted that for the past few days, the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack was on auto reply mode in my iPOD. I think I can sing all the songs if the phantom cannot sing. Haa....

So this time round everyone is on time and we proceeded in to the STALL! Yes! We got stall seats! We bought the early bird tickets and our seats were 5th row from the front, as I specifically chosen, centre seats! Hee... Also got 10% discount as well! The seats were great! I am happy that everyone was happy with the seats that I had chosen. Haa... Soon the lights are dimmed, the familiar music started to play and I was all ready for the show to unveil itself!

After the 1st Act, I have to say that I was blown away by everything! From the elaborate sets to the costumes and to the singing! Everything was great and FANTASTIC! The costumes changes on the stage was also done so fast that everything seem very smooth! The chandelier was grand and it was right above our heads, therefore when it crashed, it seems straight down heading for us. Haa...

The singing of the cast was on the dot. Every note was great as well! Can really feel the phantom's sadness and anger through the songs he sings. Of cos Christine, the female lead, also did a great job!

My fav songs had to be "Think of me" and "All I ask of you"!

The river scene was very well done, when it transformed into the river, the fog started coming out and we were all transported into the sewers. Have to pity the front row ppl that they are being blocked by the fog. So much for getting the front row seats. Haa...


Overall I am happy that I did not missed this show. Well I missed it when I was in London. Too expensive for me then! Go and watch it if you can! If not you will regret it!

So after the show, decided to buy the program booklet @ $25. Hee... Nothing else. Thinking to get the baseball cap. If they sell the monkey musical box that plays the melody, I would have buy one! Too bad they did not reduplicate that! Hee....

Happy that everyone enjoyed the show, including my little sister whose 1st musical is this! Haa...

So another 2 musicals coming soon. "My King and I" coming in Aug and "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" coming in Nov!

Anyone interested to join me then? Hee....

Oh yah! Have to complain on one idiot who was sitting in front of me kept blocking my view! If you wanna to sleep on your girlfriend's shoulder during the show, pls do it in a cinema or at home! Buy such expensive tickets yet go there and sleep! Idiot! Should have ask the phantom to shoot him with the walking stick that shoots out the fire flames!


A "Should I watched Phantom again?" Polarbear

No comments: