Sunday, April 22, 2007

Mini Asian Film Fest

Mini Asian Film Fest

After submitted my lab report, decided to do something to relax before I move on to other assignments. Haa...

Since it had been 2 weeks since I last watch a movie, there is no other choice but to hit the cinemas. Hee... Wanna to watch 200 pound beauty but the timing very late so watched "Eternal Summer", a made in Taiwan show and I had always wanna to watch this movie.


The story as follows: Shane and Jonathan first meet at a seaside elementary school. Shane is a problem child whereas Jonathan is a star pupil. One day, the teacher sets up a game called “Little Guardian Angel” where good students are paired with bad students in order to reform them. What started off as an awkward friendship gradually evolves into forbidden love. Everything seems so natural until one lonely girl Carrie enters their lives. Against the backdrop of a devastating earthquake in Taiwan, the trio guards the secret until they revisit the seaside once more…

So yes the movie touched on the topic of same sex relationship but it also brought out a very simple love story between 3 people as well. The story was well written and could feel how the 3 main lead felt in the story. The film was very well shot as well.

This could happen to tons and tons on ppl. I mean come on, to all the guys: Who did not have hangout buddies that sometimes they are more well treated then their galfrens cos of brother hood!. Haa... It seems that ppl are ok with lesbian more than gays here. So much about equality in sex here. Hmm.... Well to me, it does not make a difference. Fun to have frens from the other side as well.

I managed to watch the deleted shots of the movie and there is one scene that was being cut away and that could have change my whole prospective of the movie. Hmm... Interesting. Overall I give this movie 4 stars out of 5. Go and catch it. Even though it is rated R21, there is still one naked butt scene cut off (1 sec only). Sigh.. Censorship! Since it is rated R21, jz leave the movie intact lah. Still treat adults like children, cannot tahan that leh!

Oh yah, first time see show got so many guy couples watching the show as well. I think me and LLT is one of the few mixed couples there. Haa...

After the movie, went to eat dou hua (beancurd) and it was fun. I loved to eat dou hua! Hee...

On Sunday, decided to go for the gym classes. Wow super slack leh, I had not been to gym for the past week alr. Pump and Combat classes very siong today. Made me damned tired now! Sure to have aching muscles for the next few days.

After which, decided to watch a Korean movie "200 Pound Beauty", a comedy.



Hanna is a lip sync vocalist for Ammy, the famous Korean pop singer. Even though Hanna is always ignored due to her appearance, she has always been a bright and happy girl until Ammy humiliated her in front of Sang-jun, the one she secretly admired. Finally, she made a life-changing decision: to have a major cosmetic surgery.

The first half of the story was funny! The second half was pretty sad and touching. Normal Korean stuff. Hee... it had been some time since I enjoyed a Korean show and this is one of them. Haa.. The female lead is actually quite a good singer as well as she really sang all the songs in there. This movie touches on the topic of plastic surgery and what happen after that. This brings back to one thing I firmly believe in, DUN LIE! Once you lie, you have to continue and when then truth is know, a lot of ppl is going to get hurt. After all this is a movie, sure to have happy ending but too bad dun think this is going to happen in real life! Sigh. Toking about lies bring back sad memories...

Overall I will give this movie 4.5 out of 5. Haa... Seem like it is going to off the cinema soon, if not wait for the DVD then.

So this weekend had watch 2 Asian movies and I was not disappointed at all!

The weekend is over like that and it is a great break for me before I go back to reality 2molo. Hee...

I am so tired now going to sleep alr...ZZZ zzz....

A "sure to have aching muscles" Polarbear

No comments: