Friday, December 14, 2012

Multitasking on HTC OneX+: How much can it handle?


With the latest 1.7GHz Quad Core processor, it makes HTC One X+ one of the fastest phone around. This meaning, it is supposed to do a lot of task at the same time (multitasking) seamlessly and yet each task perform as they are supposed to be, meaning no lag or pause. So does it perform to its expectation?

So what I did was to open the usual apps that I will open during the day. Below was what apps I opened (could be more):

1. You Tube
2. Twitter
3. Music Player
4. Google Map
5. Whatapps
6. Foursquare
7. Dropbox
8. Facebook
9. Instagram
10. Play Store
11. Camera

Guess what? All the apps still functioned properly without any lag or pauses. I am able to seamlessly move from one app to another almost instantly.

I am totally impressed by the processor!

I was using a older model of HTC phone and encountered while playing Angry Birds and listening to music, the birds did get stuck halfway, pauses before moving slowing again. This is what it would happen if the processor is slow and unable to multitask at the same time.

On the downside, opening so many apps at the same time, it tends to load on the battery. The battery heats up quite a lot quickly.

I usually would close the apps when I am not using them to save the battery life so I am satisfied with the speed for my daily use!

A "Got a new phone to play with" Polarbear

Note: This is part of a two weeks trial for the loaned HTC One X+.

No comments: