Wednesday, May 06, 2009

X-Men Origins: Wolverine



With this movie, it marks the start of the summer blockbuster. This means tons and tons of blockbusters will be coming and I will have to watch all of them!

There was 3 X-Men movies and this is the first one that actually focus on only one of them. I believe in the near future, there will be more to come. The trailer of the movie looks promising as well. However the reviews for this movie were not that good. Nevertheless, I decided to give this movie a try.

I decided to watch it on a weekday afternoon, where there is no crowd. (Anyway I did not need to work at this point. Haha...) Have to say that the movie started off great, I found myself enjoying every minute of the movie. It is the usual action hero stuff but I never knew the background of Wolverine until this movie. Hugh Jackman is great as well with his kick ass bod! The movie plot is ok, but it seems to leave a trail for another Wolverine movie. Hmm.... Dunno if that is such a good idea. All in all, I will give this movie 3.5 stars out of 5.

A great start for the summer blockbuster season!

A "a lot of movies to watch" Polarbear

No comments: