Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Samsung Curved TV (65H8000) Review - Week 3 - SMART TV Features

Samsung Curved TV is not only a TV but a SMART TV.  In my third week, I decided to explore what else the TV can do other than showing TV programs.

Using the SMART Control (The unique egg shaped remote control), I easily navigate through contents and features, using the motion recognition technology and enhanced sensitivity on the touchpad.  After browsing through, I must say I am really impressed with the SMART features!

These are my personal TOP 5 SMART features:

1. Multi-Link Screen

Did it ever happen to you that you are watching TV and surfing on your iPad watching You Tube at the same time or someone wanted to watch another program at the same time? Samsung now got the perfect solution to this! Multi-Link Screen. Now I can watch my program and google something that I have just watched or watch a trailer on You Tube. You can also show 2 programs at the same time and use Bluetooth headset to listen to your own program.


2. Universal Remote Set Up

How many remote controls do you have lying around the TV now? I have at least three remote controls, one for TV, one for Set Up Box and one for Sound Bar. It tends to get very troublesome when I need to reach each of the control for specific action. With Samsung Universal Remote Set Up, you can link all the remote control into the Samsung SMART remote control. Just like Lord of The Rings, 1 remote control to rule them all! I loved this! Not the mention that the set-up is automated!


3. Wide Array Of Content

Before this trial, I am using another brand of TV and I am disappointed with the SMART content they are providing. Not with Samsung, they have a wide range of both popular applications (eg You Tube) and local content applications (eg Toggle, 4D, TOTO). The Samsung TV can be also connected via VPN to watch overseas streaming shows (eg NetFlix).


4. Screen Mirroring

If you are using Samsung Galaxy phone, you can connect the phone with the TV via Screen Mirroring. This allows you to show whatever you are showing on your phone. This is useful when you are sharing your travel photos with your friends in a gathering!


5. Remote Management

This is the first time I heard of using remote management for troubleshooting of TV and I hope I do not need to use this! Touch wood! From my understanding, Samsung Customer Support is able to remotely access the TV to check on the issues if required, provided the TV is also connected to internet. How cool is that?


So which is the SMART feature that impressed you the most?

A "Too many SMART Features to use" Polarbear

This post is made as part of the Samsung Curved TV Opinion Leader Facebook Contest. Please note that all opinions expressed here are of the writer's and do not represent Samsung.


1 comment:

Cradle to Cradle Studio said...

Are you able to use hand gestures for the remote. If yes, Id love to hear how effective it is.