Saturday, September 29, 2007

Cheer Chen Qi Zhen: A Piece Of Summer Concert

Cheer Chen Qi Zhen: A Piece Of Summer Concert


I know who she is but not really a fan of hers. I only know a few of her songs. Have to say that this is the first time that I attend a concert without doing any actual "homework". Haa....

She had been in Singapore for concert a few times. Always hear quite good reviews of her concert. That is y I decided to give it a try, together with a few frens. I expected her concert I expected to be a slow and quiet one where my bum is expected to be on the chair for the whole period. I was so wrong about that. Haa....

First thing, the concert was downside and was seated somewhere that I was not expected. I was supposed to sit on the tier seats but ended up on the raised platform. Yes nearer to the stage but they can at least inform the affected ticket holders 1st.

The concert started off with jz her and her guitar. Good start huh? Haa.... After every song, she will change to another location of the stage and at the same time, introduce a new instrument, until the whole band appears on stage. At this point of time, everyone still calm and sitting down enjoying her and her songs.

The only thing is, behind us sitting, is her fans, one of the guys even crazy about her (I think) where he shouted "I love you" to her when the whole hall was quiet. He sings to her every songs, we like got a backup singer behind us. Haa...

At the 2nd half of the concert, all hell let loose, she decided to turn into a rock chick (Hmm... I never know she got fast songs.) Most of the people in the front stood up and waving their light sticks as well! However I stayed seated then. Haa... I only stood up when everyone in front of me stood up. Some of them even stood on the chairs!

She got 4 encores, keep leaving and coming back to the stage with 1 more song to go. Haa... Very funny to see people leave and run back again!

Overall, the concert is good. Her voice is very good. No back up singers or any dancer. Not a lot of talking as well. I like! I ended up buying her 2CD+DVD set to go home and slowly enjoy her songs! Hee...

Oh yes, I also ended up standing up on the chair by the end of her concert. Haa... Come to think of it, how many times I can stand on a chair during concert? Hmm....

A "cheery" Polarbear

No comments: